Sunday, June 16, 2013

One Man, Two Guvnors

One Man, Two Guvnors 

I was skeptical about this play when it first began because the comedy was pretty cheesy, but after a few minutes I was hooked. It was very different from all the others ones we have seen. It's a farce which was a nice change of pace from all the tragedies. I really liked the audience interaction, which was surprising because I didn't think I would. The main character had a different goal in the first half and the second which he was trying to attain throughout the play. The first one was that he was hungry and was continually trying to eat and in the second half he was trying to get Dolly to like him. At one point he looked at me and asked where to take her on a date. I was speechless because I knew I couldn't say dinner since he had just eaten but my mind was blank so that's all I could say. He made a joke about it which was really funny and then someone helped me out by saying take her to the beach.

The guy who wanted to be an actor was also hilarious. His scenes were so "dramatic" since he was always pretending he was in a play. I also really enjoyed the music throughout this play. It was cool how the band would go on stage and a different actor would join them with their own instrument between each scene. The band members were very energetic and enjoyable to watch. It fit perfectly with the atmosphere of the play. 

Although some of the audience interaction was staged, it was still hilarious. Christina Patterson's character was funny because it was hard to tell that it was staged. I totally believed it the entire time. I was thinking that I was so happy that wasn't me up there. She played the shy embarrassed girl really well. I was laughing the whole time.  This is definitely the best farce I've seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment