Saturday, June 15, 2013

The curious incident of the dog in the night time

The curious incident of the dog in the night time

I can't believe we're half way through the trip already! It's flying by way too fast. My favorite play so far is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.  I've decided to buy the novel and compare it to the play for my big 10-12 page paper. Simon Stephens did the screenplay and I've read another play by him called Harper Regan so it will be interesting to compare all three of these. The main actor who played Christopher was absolutely amazing! He really got the audience inside the mind of a boy with asperbergers.  The other actors were amazing as well. They really drew you into the play and made you feel all the emotions that they were feeling. At one point when Christopher's father was trying to reconnect with his son I almost cried. It was so upsetting to see how much Christopher's father loved him and he just would not speak to him. 

Bedsides the wonderful acting, this play also had very well choreographed scenes in between. The music and the stunts were really cool. I liked the part with Christopher walked along the wall while the other actors were holding him up. They must have practiced a lot to get all those moves perfect. Timing was so important for each of their steps. The music was also an important element because there was not much to the actual setting besides lights and some boxes. 

The play was at the Apollo Theatre, which I really liked despite the fact that my seat was awful. I was in the very front row all the way to the left so some of the stage was blocked from me. I just had to sit on my legs to see more of it, which was okay. The play was just so good that I want to see it again and again! I'm definitely reading the novel as soon as I finish Life of Pi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment